Mil-Std Labeling, the Quick and Easy Way
Comply/Labeling is the quick and easy way to create labels for defense contract shipments as well as for GSA. It’s features include:
- Mil-Std-129R container labels
- UID container labels, supporting upload of UIDs to WAWF using Comply/Shipper
- RFID container labeling, including aggregation of UID data, upload to WAWF
- VSM automation, eliminating the need to use the VSM web site
- Military Shipment Labels (MSL) including RFID (a free Comply/MSL is available)
As Mil-Pac’s fourth-generation mil-spec labeling software MIL-Comply has evolved to support a wide variety of shipping processes. Whether labels are created manually, or from data imported from DLA or your own business systems (e.g. ERP), the emphasis is on eliminating redundant data entry to achieve maximum efficiency and accuracy.
Comply/Labeling is fully compatible with Comply/Shipper, working from one set of data to allow users to easily submit DD250 Receiving Reports and Invoices to Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) without re-entering any data. For large orders involving UIDs and RFID this can be a game changer, eliminating all data entry because RFID and UID data is collected and collated as labels are printed. Even smaller shipments can benefit from this efficiency. Adding RFID Manager allows you to submit RFID Pack Updates to Receiving Reports created in WAWF.
Using VSM Automation greatly streamlines the process of getting DLA shipment approval while retrieving TCNs and addresses electronically, as well as small parcel labels and bills of lading. Upgrading to VSM Pro allows you to automatically create shipments from DIBBs EDI-850 purchase orders, process VSM shipments, and then submit to Wide Area Workflow without logging into any of those websites.
Comply/Labeling supports a wide range of Mil-Std-129R label formats. These include:
- Unit and Intermediate Containers
- Exterior Containers
- Military Shipment Labels (MSL)
- Barcoded Serial Number Lists
The two-dimensional PDF417 symbol is supported on all Revision R formats, and include serial numbers and Unique Identifiers (UIIs). There are special variants to fit small containers and support for Mil-Std-129P for older contracts or special needs. The RFID Package adds automatic RFID variants for all containers levels from unit to exterior, and the MSL. Also included:
- Basic IUID part mark formats (Mil-Std-130)
- GSA federal standard formats (Fed-Std-123H) (see more)
Note that support for RFID and UID container labels are optional features. (Just need to print MSLs? Get the free Comply/MSL download.)
Option adds RFID-enabled variants of standard container formats, as well as access to RFID Manager for organizing RFID data for submission to WAWF. With RFID Labeler you can:
- Print RFID versions of all appropriate container labels including exterior container and pallet, integrated with existing barcode labels or as additional Generic RFID labels
- Assign RFID cases to pallets to generate RFID shipment data ready to upload to WAWF
- Manage RFID data (add, delete, change data) for WAWF submission
This option adds features to support shipments of UID-marked items.
- Print IUID container labels (Unit and Exterior Container) with two-dimensional barcode (PDF417) compliant with Mil-Std-129 Revision R.
- Compile and print barcoded UID Serial Number Lists
- Print Mil-Std 130 permanent part mark labels (thermal transfer and standard Windows printers)
- Auto-generate UIIs from discrete elements (CAGE, Part/Batch/Lot, and Serial Number)
- Import UIDs in a variety of manners
- Create and manage IUID shipment data (add, delete, change data)
- Create IUID data ready for submission of electronic Receiving Reports to WAWF
Labeling Complete include the features described above for
- Basic Labeling (Mil-Std-129, Fed-Std-123, Mil-Std-130 formats)
- RFID Labeler (RFID-enabled formats)
- UID Labeler (UID container label formats)
The VSM Automation option adds VSM integration to any of the Labeling products above, allowing user to retrieve shipping authorization from VSM and print required labels and documents, replacing the need to access VSM web site or transcribe information from the VSM web application into MIL-Comply or other systems. Read more about the MIL-Comply VSM Automation solution.
Comply/VSM Automation Pro eliminates even more data-entry and Government website headaches by importing DIBBS EDI purchase orders and submitting electronic WAWF Receiving Reports (DD250s) and invoices, automating the process from soup to nuts, eliminating all data-entry possible. Requires VAN Service (see Note 1).
Much of the data required for DIBBS and other DLA orders is available in electronic (EDI) format, which can eliminate most of the data-entry required for labeling. Use electronic (EDI) purchase orders (X12-850) received from DIBBS and GSA to automate Mil-Std-129R and/or FED-123H (GSA) label printing. Adding eAwards allows Labeling (and Shipper) to automatically process EDI orders into shipments, ready to be labeled, and submitted to WAWF electronically (with WAWF Shipper).
Basic Labeling includes support for GSA shipments, including compliance with both required standards:
- Fed-Std-123 when shipping to GSA Supply Centers
- Mil-Std-129 when shipping to military depots
GSA QuickLabel offers both types of label formats directly in Comply/Shipper, making it easy to print labels while processing shipment Receiving Reports and Invoices for WAWF. Learn more about GSA formats.
Lockheed Martin requires suppliers to tag inbound shipments with RFID labels. For Department of Defense (DOD) suppliers this is not a big deal, since Lockheed uses the same RFID tag (96-bit DOD) as the DOD. Generic DOD-96 RFID labels may be used, however Lockheed would prefer labels in the format shown. MIL-Comply Labeling supports both the special Lockheed Martin and generic formats to meet the Lockheed Martin RFID requirement. Requires RFID Labeler, above.
As with Wide-Area Workflow, RFID data must be provided to Lockheed Martin prior to the shipment arriving at its destination. Without that data, the RFID tags are useless. Lockheed Martin suppliers may use LMCo’s Transportation Management System (TMS). The TMS also produces labels that identify shipment containers by the ASN Number. Suppliers sending numbers of tagged containers should contact Mil-Pac to find out about submitting Advance Shipment Notice EDI transactions to eliminate manual data-entry.
Note: There is no such requirement for “Lockheed Martin proprietary data (to be) embedded in chip” as reported by some RFID suppliers.
- 1. Mil-Pac offers a DOD-certified VAN service (sold separately) which may be shared by users within the same business unit. The Mil-Pac VAN does not interconnect with GSA, but MIL-Comply is generally compatible with other capable of exporting EDI X12-850 transactions in plain-text format for import into Comply/Shipper.
Just need to print Military Shipment Labels? Try our
|Free MSL Software|
Related MIL-Comply Products
- Comply/RFID Load Manager uses label and RFID data from Comply/Labeling and to submit RFID Pack Updates to Wide Area Workflow (WAWF), separately from Receiving Reports (DD250 ).
- Comply/Shipper submits transactions to Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) including Receiving Reports, Combos, and Invoices. Full support for RFID and IUID data.
- WAWF Automation – uses data collected by Comply/Labling as the basis for WAWF DD250 Receiving Reports, and vice versa.
- VSM Automation – integrates DLA web services with Comply/Labeling to eliminate the need to log into the VSM website for shipping instructions and labels.