Comply/Labeling’s GSA labels include those for both Fed-Std-123H and Mil-Std-129R standards. Easily switch between the two, depending on the destination of your shipment. Learn more in this GSA Packaging Packing and Marking guide.
Fed-Std-123H applies when orders are shipped to GSA Supply Centers, such as:
- Western Distribution Center – French Camp, CA
- Eastern Distribution Center – Burlington, NJ
Mil-Std-129R applies when shipping to defense activities or DLA depots, such as
- Susquehanna Consolidation Point – New Cumberland, PA
- San Joaquin Consolidation Point – Tracy, CA
Fed-Std-123H Label Formats
The following labels are required for GSA civilian agency shipments:
- Unit and Intermediate Packages
- Identification Label – NSN barcode, Nomenclature, Specification Number, Quantity, etc.
- Individual Transport Packages (exterior containers)
- Identification / Shipping Label – PO Number barcode, NSN barcode, Nomenclature, Specification Number, Quantity, etc.
- Palletized / Unitized Loads
- Identification Label (large) – NSN, Nomenclature, Specification Number, Quantity, etc.
- Shipping Label (large) – PO Number, NSN, Ship From, Ship To, etc.
Mil-Std-129R Label Formats
The following are examples of formats acceptable for each of the container levels. Mil-Std-129R offers more format latitude, so long as the elements are compliant and presented in approximately the expected order, which may change to accommodate smaller containers.
- Unit and Intermediate Containers
- Unit Pack & Intermediate Container Label (linear & 2D)
- UID and Serial Number markings
- Exterior Containers
- Shipment -level
- Military Shipping Label (MSL) with RFID
- DD1348 Packing List (at right)
GSA Label Solutions
Compliant labeling for GSA orders is part of these solutions:
- GSA Labeling Solutions
- GSA Order Automation (GSA Quick Label)